Since 1997, Small Distinctive Hotels has represented a group of Costa Rica luxury boutique hotels, located throughout the most diverse and beautiful areas of the country. Tourists have the opportunity to see the best of Costa Rica, while enjoying an authentic Tico experience at hotels committed to excellence in service, amenities, and sustainability.
Small Distinctive Hotels brings together first-class properties of Costa Rica. Each hotel is characterized by a few basic standards:
- Each hotel is exclusive in its area.
- Properties have a maximum of 60 rooms.
- Hotels are certified with CST “Certification of Sustainable Tourism.”
- Hotels have a SPA on the premises or offer massage services.
- Hotels have an “a la carte” restaurant.
- There is no involvement in real estate development.
- The minimum duration of an operation has to be one year.
- Casinos and gambling are not allowed.
- The owner must be directly involved in the operation of the hotel.
Member properties must offer high-class facilities and personalized service.